Camping at Ty Llwyd Fach
Are you thinking that a camping weekend in West Wales is for you? Perhaps you’ve never visited a queer Welsh campsite quite like ours before. Here is everything you need to know before you set off to enjoy your long weekend in the wild West Welsh countryside.
We welcome bookings for the following dates in 2023:
- Fri 5th May – Mon 8th May
- Fri 26th May – Mon 29th May
- Fri 16th June – Mon 19th June
- Fri 7th July – Mon 10th July
- Fri 4th Aug – Mon 7th Aug
If you’re looking for whole-site hire, book it with these dates in mind!
- TOILETS: We have two lovely compost toilets at opposite ends of the Orchard. Serviced regularly, it is doing your business in a bucket. We use sawdust to cut out any smells and, after a couple of years, use the compost on our fruit trees. Humanure is fascinating!
- SHOWERS: There are two lovely gas powered hot showers in the Orchard. Glamour!
- FOOD: There are a number of supermarkets nearby, but we’ll also be making some hot meals for campers to enjoy.
- WATER: There’s many cold water taps around for washing and drinking.
- FIRE: There are many campfire spots around the place, and firewood available for purchase.
- ELECTRICITY: Available for phone-charging only. No campervan hook-ups. A shared fridge/freezer is available at the Field Shelter.
- TRANSPORT: Easy access for cars from the end of the M4, one of the first turnings off the A48. By rail the closest station is Ammanford, but Swansea station is the best connected – so consider our Shuttle service (see below for prices). If you are up for an adventure, you can alight the train in Llanelli and cycle on the National Cycle Network up through Tumble and Cross Hands to find us. For this, you’ll be rewarded with a cheaper entry price.
- PARKING: There is a limited number of spaces on site, so we encourage you to share lifts or consider public transport options if possible. You will be parked on grass with mesh underneath at the top of the Wildflower Meadow. We have wheelbarrows and the like available to help you get your tent and camping gear across to the Orchard, which is where most people set up camp!
Arrivals and departures
- You can arrive anytime after 1pm on your day of arrival…
- …and you’ll need to leave by 11am of your day of departure.
In an effort to encourage less driving and improve the sustainability of our setup, we have priced entry to enable access to the farm beyond the car. Minimum two nights.
- Car entry: £59 per car, per night, regardless of how many passengers or tents.
- Campervan: £69 per van per night, regardless of how many passengers
- Rail/coach shuttle: £39 (from Ammanford, Cross Hands, Llanelli, Swansea or Carmarthen)
- Drop-off/Shuttled/Hike/Bike: £19 per person per night
- Can I park next to my tent? No, parking is in designated spaces away from camping. We have wheelbarrows if you need them.
- Can I bring my camper-van/live-in vehicle? We can accommodate a maximum of two campervans on the courtyard.
- Can I have access to a fridge/electricity/phone charger? There is a fridge/freezer and plug sockets in one of the outbuildings. Others may also be using this building so please appreciate this is shared space.
- Is there indoor space? There are outbuildings with comfy, dry space. Others may also be using this building so please appreciate this is shared space.
- What if it rains? It’s Carmarthenshire so there may well be rain, there are various out-buildings but others may be using them too so please appreciate this is shared space.
- Can we have a party? It’s fine to have songs around a campfire and as much booze as you can carry but we want you to respect the wildlife. No broken glass and be mindful of rubbish). Any loud electronic music needs to end by 11pm.
- Can I bring dogs? Very well behaved dogs are welcome if you can guarantee they won’t go into other people’s space because that’s annoying for others. You must flick their poo into the hedgerow so it doesn’t upset future campers.
- Can I bring kids? This is an adult only space for the weekends that we are taking bookings. We are clothing optional and kink positive and want to create a space that’s comfortable for that. If you hire the whole place then children are welcome. You need to be aware that there are many risks around the farm, including deep water in the pond.
- Can I hire the whole place? Yes – For the whole place, it’s £199 per night. This gets you exclusive use of the fields, up to 10 vehicles and up to 20 people. Great value!
- There is a large Bell tent which we can put up for you in advance (£90 a night)
- Firewood – seasoned, chopped, dry wood. £5 per barrow-load – one barrow should last an evening if it’s a small fire.
- If you need provisions, we may be able to pick them up for you
Food (vegan or veggie)
- Breakfast: £4 per person
- Lunch: £4 per person
- Dinner: £8 per person